Last weekend, the hubs and I took our kiddo (Meribean) to Science City. We walked past this room that looked like the labs from my college days. When I initially started college, I wanted to go into something in the science field. I had a love/hate relationship with those labs. I never wanted to go to class, but man did I love science. In college, I was always busy. Go to lectures, go to labs, do homework, go to work. There were always projects, always things to do. Post-college, I find myself always in search of the next project. So my purpose with this blog is to document my life, this is my project, but it's also a way to document my other projects, a few of which I have recently started:
1. I have reached out via Facebook to see if anyone in the Emporia community is interested in starting some sort of meals for people in need database. I know these exist in churches, but I'm not religious and I want a way to give back, and I feel like this is such a simple and yet important way to achieve that.
2. I'm doing the 101 Things in 1001 Days project. I set 101 goals to achieve in 1001 days. I'll be posting my list very soon.
3. I'm thinking about doing Project 365, and this will be a great way to easily document each day. I want to hold on tightly to this time that we have right now with Meribean, because I know it's fleeting, and who knows if we'll ever have more!
4. I'm working on losing weight and what a great way to be accountable. Publicly announcing it so I'll be embarrassed if I haven't made any progress when I see someone I know that reads this!
5. Frankly I've always wanted to start a blog, I did briefly once. And my sister has a kickass blog, http://acraftyescape-katie.blogspot.com/ , and I want to be just like her when I grow up :)